Monday, May 31, 2010

MIA these days

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Sorry guys, postings on this blog are going to be sparse in the next month. I've got finals this week and next, and then I'm going away for the two weeks that I have a break from school. Then it's right back into hustling because the summer quarter is much shorter, but my credit load will be the same.

So not much will get posted.

I added a Goodreads "what I'm reading" app to the side bar just in case anyone is just dying to know what f/f I'm reading. :-)

I've been reading two books now for a while. Both are almost finished and I'll try and get some reviews up before I go away.


Of course, as usual, if anyone feels like posting a review or blog post of something interesting, you are more than welcome.

I just pre-ordered the DVD of the BBC show "The Secret Diaries of Miss Anne Lister" from here -Amazon UK. Since it's a pre-order I got a discount. With shipping and and current exchange rate it comes to around $16, a bargain!



I couldn't help myself. In case you all are wondering how I can watch a region 2 DVD, I hacked my el cheapo $30 DVD player to make it region free a long time ago. No, I'm not a genius, I Googled the hack very easily. My only worry is if my TV will play pal. But I think they do these days.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to it. It comes out on DVD on June 7th, so something to look forward to.

7 comments:

Cathy in AK said...

Good luck on finals, and enjoy your break!

Eyre said...

Good luck with finals! Rest, read, and have some fun over break. You deserve it!

LVLM said...

Cathy and Eyre- thanks! I can't wait for this quarter to be over. I'm so done at the moment.

Have 3 finals to do yet, but two are online and I can do them from home and one is not timed, so some pressure is off me on that count.

Eyre- I hope you did well on your tests. It's a long wait to fine out how you did though. The worst part!

Cathy- enjoy your trip this summer as well!

Jill Sorenson said...

Good luck and have fun! I'll try to fill in for you with a guest post or two. :)

M. A. said...

Best luck, LVLM! I'm careening through another full time summer course load myself. The only thing keeping me going is the knowledge that I'm saving myself an extra year in school by sacrificing summers.

Maili said...

Good luck and enjoy your short holiday!

LVLM said...

Jill, M.A. and Maili- thanks! It's almost over I can relax for a bit.

Can't wait to see my sister and do the road trip from NJ to FL. Maybe it's my last time to be in NJ and NYC for a long time. Gonna make the best of it.

M.A.- I hear ya. I just want to be done with school and working. Since it's community college, we have quarters and not semesters, so you schooling during summer is a big one. Good luck!