Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Precioussssssss

So I finally was able to open up my iTouch and play with it. Woot! It's been taunting me since Black Friday, just sitting there saying "play with me, you know you want to." snort

The first thing I did was to take a picture of our annual Christmas dinner, courtesy of Safeway and processed foods makers. I used to cook years ago, but since we are only two and I end up doing hours of cooking and then cleaning up, I don't do that anymore. It took us all of 15 mins. to go in the store, pick up a 1/2 cooked turkey breast, some salad fixings, and pre-done stuffing and mashed potatoes, et Voila! All prepared in 10 mins. LOL



The next thing I did was to start downloading ebook apps. I was right on that. snort

I downloaded: Kindle, Nook, Stanza, and Bluefire for buying and reading books.

So today, I was going to try it all out and see how I can manage getting books on my iTouch, but seriously, I can't find one book I want at the moment. WTH?

I looked through many Kindle books and can't find one I want to buy.
I did the same with Smashwords, Nook, All Romance Ebooks, my Library and I didn't see one book I was hepped up to read. :/

I'm itching to try at least one. It's the main reason I got an iTouch, although it's a tiny screen. I finally have lots of options. Maybe that's the problem? Too many options all the sudden? Heh.

I also got all excited and downloaded, Twitter and have Google Reader all set up. Best of all maybe is the My Fitness Pal (free) an app in which I can track my calorie intake for the diet I intend to go on. :D I'm hoping it makes me all excited to stick to it.

I probably won't get much reading done anyway. The Mr. is home until next Mon. and we got a boat load of movies to watch. Mostly Asian warrior/samurai/martial arts type of flicks. I love them as well, so we're on the same page. Although we did rent Cop Out, which was pretty funny. Typical Bruce Willis stuff, which I enjoy.


We'll probably rent a few more before the week is out.

I also have some lesbian centric movies on hold from the library, which will come this week probably. So more movie reviews.

Anyone read a good f/f or f/f/m book lately? I have a few f/f/m that I want to read. But you all know how it is, you have an  huge TBR pile and psychologically think, it's always going to be there so I can hold off for that new juicy one that turns me on. But I need a new juicy one that turns me on.

So, did anyone get anything really cool for Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate?

Did you get what you wanted? I hope everyone had a nice holiday.

2 comments:

Cathy in AK said...

Sounds like you had a fine holiday. We stayed home and lazed about, playing with our new toys or dozing and eating. Oh, man, the eating.

I received a Kindle and am making lists of books so I can figure out what I want to get first. So many choices! And of course I'll be going through the reviews here : )

Belated Merry Christmas!

And Happy New Year!

LVLM(Leah) said...

Cathy- That's so cool! A Kindle, Woot!
I saw there are lot's of Bold Strokes books on Kindle.

The eating, yes. LOL Ergo the diet.

We will laze around the rest of the week to. :D