Monday, May 23, 2011

Book Pimping


I haven't read this book, but it does look interesting. I thought I'd pimp it here in case any readers would be interested. It's a YA lesbian mythological story written by a new Indie author,

The Blurb:

The Dark Wife
by Sarah Diemer

Three thousand years ago, a god told a lie. Now, only a goddess can tell the truth.


Persephone has everything a daughter of Zeus could want--except for freedom. She lives on the green earth with her mother, Demeter, growing up beneath the ever-watchful eyes of the gods and goddesses on Mount Olympus. But when Persephone meets the enigmatic Hades, she experiences something new: choice.

Zeus calls Hades "lord" of the dead as a joke. In truth, Hades is the goddess of the underworld, and no friend of Zeus. She offers Persephone sanctuary in her land of the dead, so the young goddess may escape her Olympian destiny.

But Persephone finds more than freedom in the underworld. She finds love, and herself.

The Dark Wife is a YA novel, a lesbian revisionist retelling of the Persephone and Hades myth.


Click on author's link for buying info. Also, the author is offering it for free as well. Info on the same author's link. It's a great chance to read an unknown author risk free.

2 comments:

Cathy in AK said...

Oooh...I dig mythology. This looks like a good one.

LVLM(Leah) said...

Yeah, this one does look interesting to me.

The fact that she's offering it for free makes it even more appealing to try.

I'm not so into YA, but I did download this one and will read it.

I will buy it then.