Monday, July 18, 2011

Book Pimping




Normally I probably would pass up a book with this kind of title, cover and or content because it does come across as the typical lez pr0n for the dudes. However, the author is Paisley Smith and I just happen to enjoy her books. When I found out this book was coming out, I actually got excited. If anything she does write some really hawt f/f smexing. For that alone it's probably worth the read. heh

It's decidedly f/f kink, so it won't be to everyone's taste, but I think she's one of the few authors I can take reading kink from.

Coming this Fri-- July 22 at Ellora's Cave



Blurb:

After two failed marriages, Avery Walker’s therapist encourages her to explore her secret obsession. She can’t get off without fantasizing about submitting to intimate examinations performed by a hot female nurse. So when she joins a medical fetish website, she expects to find a partner who’ll provide a little probing and maybe some sexual release that will help Avery get in touch with her kinky side.

That’s where she meets Nurse Lovette. Darby is the consummate professional, determined to keep her nurse / patient relationship with Avery from becoming too familiar. After all, Darby has loved and lost because of her need to soothe patients beyond traditional nursing. But Avery’s determination to explore real sex with a woman just might be the cure that wasn’t part of Darby’s treatment plan.

Publisher Note: This book contains plenty of girl-on-girl sex, employing the use of myriad toys created especially for erotic exams, no holes barred, and ahem…since this is a medical fetish story we would have been remiss not to include the administration of an enema—or two.

5 comments:

Cathy in AK said...

I agree, Leah, if it were any other author I'd skip right by this one : )

When I'm in the mood for some smoking action, I'll look this one over.

M.A. said...

Oooookaaaay....

I bought a copy this afternoon. Haven't read it yet. Like you, Leah, I'm not sure this book is "my type" but I like Paisley's storytelling so I'll give it a shot.

Best luck to Paisley with the new book.

LVLM(Leah) said...

M.A.-

I got it and am almost done with it.

I love it!

Yes it's got a fetish theme, but Paisley has turned it into a sort of love story so far. I was expecting it would just be erotica. So it's more than that.

M.A. said...

OK, hi everyone. I read "Nurse Lovette" last night and I really liked it much better than I thought I would.

I'm not "into" the hospital check up as an erotic experience. I already spend more RL time in doctors' offices than I'd like. I'm also the PfH (Patient from Hell.) I think hospital gowns are so ugly I routinely refuse to wear them; look for the patient in the cotton, lace-trimmed Eileen West gown and you've found me. I can't really comment on the fetish erotica because that portion of the book didn't "reach" medue to my own negative feelings regarding hospitalization and medical care. Nothing about a doctor's office spells "sexy" to me. I'll leave it up to other more astute readers to declare if the fetish erotica engaged them. I DID relate to the element of role-play involved in the fantasy/fetish and found it interesting. Paisley also did a good job of describing the characters' enjoyment of and interest in their fetish play so I empathized with them on that level.

I loved both main characters, especially the title character. This is a short work (novella length)and I'm always intrigued by Paisley's ability to depict deep, rich characterizations. Given the word count devoted primarily to the erotic/fetish elements, Paisley still portrayed very convincing, real characters and good conflict. These qualities give the book a depth transcending the fetish. Darby and Avery are both solid and 3-dimonesional with believeable motivations and emotions beyond their fetish interest.

One thing became a minor problem for me in the reading experience. I found the names of the MCs so similar I sometimes had problems telling them apart and remembering who was who. mid-scene I'd be wondering, "Wait! Which one's Avery (or Darby?)" Other readers might be fine with it, but trying to remember who was who distracted me a bit.

A nice read of an interesting couple.

LVLM(Leah) said...

M.A.-

I had basically the same reaction to the book as you did. Except I got swept up in the fetish part and thought it pretty hot. heh.

I was really surprised at how much Paisley was able to get some actual emotional/relationship elements into this story as well. Maybe this is what impressed me so much in this story and why I gave it a high rating. I was just expecting your basic erotica story.